On this site you can find general information about elections, referendums, political parties and the participation of citizens in general. Also the results of elections and other statistical information relating to elections are published on this web site. This website is intended to provide information to citizens and the media as well as election authorities.
The website is updated by the Election Unit at the Ministry of Justice.
- Electoral management bodies from 26 countries convene in Helsinki. Around one hundred electoral management authorities from 26 countries convene at a Conference in Helsinki on 26-27 June. The theme of the Conference is combating the misuse of administrative resources, for instance during electoral processes. Read more.
- Elections to the European Parliament on 25 May 2014 . In Finland, the election day is Sunday 25 May 2014, and the advance voting between 14 and 20 May 2014 and abroad between 14 and 17 May 2014.
- EP launches website on 2014 European elections. Read more.
- Working group starts to prepare a possibility to internet voting. Read more .
- Persons employed by the EU are proposed to be given the right to vote in elections to the European Parliament in Finland. Read more.
- 2014 European Parliament Elections: Commission recommends that political parties nominate candidate for Commission President. Read more .