Counting of the Election Results
Counting the advance votes
The electoral district committees begin counting the advance votes on election day at 3 p.m. at the earliest (on special grounds earlier, however at the earliest at 12 o’clock). The brown election envelopes sent from the municipalities are opened and the ballots within them counted.
Preliminary count of the votes cast on election day
As soon as the doors of the polling stations have been closed at 8 p.m. the election committee begins a preliminary count of the votes. The committee opens the ballot box, counts the ballots within it, and notes down the votes of the candidates in a particular election protocol. Immediately thereafter the committee informs the central election committee of the municipality of the votes of the candidates, i.e. of the election results in the voting district. The central committee again enters the results in the central calculation system in the Election Information System of the Ministry of Justice. Finally, the election committee seals the ballots in a parcel and delivers it to the electoral district committee before Monday morning 9 a.m.
The results in the entire country
The Electoral District Committee of Helsinki combines the results of the electoral districts to establish the results in the entire country.
Results of the European Parliamentary elections in all Member States
- Results of the European Parliamentary elections 2014
- Results of the European Parliamentary elections 2009
- Results of the European Parliamentary elections 2004
- Results of the European Parliamentary elections 1999
Results of the European Parliamentary elections in Finland:
- Result and Information Service of the Ministry of Justice (Results and statistics in a nutshell since 2003)
- Statisticts on election results by Statistics Finland (detailed results and statistics since 1983)
- Election statistics prior to 1983 can be found in Official Statistics of Finland (OSF) by Statistics Finland
- Election statistics by the Population Register Centre (eligible voters by age group, eligible voters living abroad etc.)