The supreme election authority is
Local authorities are
- electoral district committees (13) and
- municipal authorities.
- the central election committees of the municipalities (309),
- election committees at the polling stations (approx. 2000),
- election commissioners at advance polling stations (approx. 500) and
- electoral commissions (voting in prisons, hospitals etc.).
Other election authorities are
- The Digital and Population Data Services Agency which sees to the compilation of the voting register and
- the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which takes care of the advance voting abroad.